Just Play Your Horn



Little boy, little boy, go play your horn.
 When you become a man exchange that horn for a trumpet.
 Blow it loud, as if you are sounding the alarm. 
You are a mighty man of valor! 
As a boy someone may have tried to strip you of your dream, but it couldn’t be done. 
I remember seeing you tossing pebbles in the pond, and secretly making a wish.  Because making a wish, Man, that’s for girls, and I’m a boy I can just make things happen.
 My name is name is Malik, but they usually call me mean, mischievous, or miserable.
 I can’t let that stop me because I have my secret wishes of being a;
teacher
doctor
 lawyer
 or after 2009 even a president.
 I can be anything I want to be.  It is my secret wishes that reassure me that the sky is the limit.
 Beyond the sky is a place called paradise, and oh I’m sure to go there also. 
I am strong, mighty, an aristocrat, and more than a conqueror.  I’m just waiting until my secret wishes are manifested, and then they will know that the man they see today started out as me.  A little boy just playing his horn.
                                                                TTJ